Saturday, July 10, 2010

Comfy clothes and SYTYCD!

Well, I got stuck at work late and was too exhausted once I was home to even think about the gym. Instead, it was time well spent on the couch with the hubby and the DVR'd results show of "So You Think You Can Dance." Thank goodness my favorites, Lauren and Kent, were safe! Their contemporary dance was just beautiful... and they would make such a cute couple!! :)




Anyhow, today was day 2 of "Making the Cut". Believe me, I'm still sore from day 1... stairs are now a form of torture. I am soooo glad tomorrow is an off day. Though, I feel bad for skipping yesterday and may choose to go ahead with the workouts. We'll see. No crazy changes yet, just that I'm paying more attention to how much protein I'm consuming. I need to make sure that my body is getting at least a gram for every pound that I weigh. Good thing I like shakes!


Also, I wanted to give a shout to Lululemon. They make clothes to keep you comfortable. I started buying their products when I was attending Bikram Yoga classes. Bikram Yoga is a series of standing and floor poses that are performed in a room heated to 95-100ยบ. The heat and humidity allow your body to sweat and rid itself of toxins, but more importantly, increase flexibility. The gear from Lululemon have great stretch properties, but I love them for their sweat wicking ability. No matter how hot, sweaty, drippy, gross I get these pants keep me cool and dry. I own a few pairs, and may start to invest in some tops. The boob/back/stomach/armpit sweat spots on my t-shirts aren't so attractive. They have some great colors... I have my eye on this one! It even has a spot for my iPod. I refuse to work out without some kind of music to keep me moving.


What kind of music do you listen to during your workouts?

No comments:

Post a Comment