Friday, July 9, 2010

Not a a morning person... yet!


So I tried to get out of bed at 5:00 this morning to get my workout in before heading off to work. That didn't happen. I hit the snooze one too many times and before I knew it, I had to start getting ready. However, I am out early enough that I plan to get my circuits in when I get home. This way my muscles will have a little longer to rest as well!






Just to keep you entertained with some pics, heres a shot of what I ate yesterday. I had a delicious salad with cucumbers, peppers, celery, carrots, black olives, and goat cheese. I drizzled a little balsamic and olive oil over the top... so yummy!

Later in the day I had my snack, 1 scoop of whey protein and a squeezie pack of maple almond butter, which is a great source of essential fatty acids. Other sources of EFAs include: olives, avocados, salmon, tuna, flax seed, and most other nuts and seeds. The reason these are so essential is because the body needs them, but cannot make them on it's own. So, make sure you have some "good fats" in your diet!


What is one way you can add an EFA source into the meals you're already eating?

No comments:

Post a Comment